Teams of Helpers - Your Team Leader is the Safety Adviser. As well as reporting in to the Helper Coordinator at Monkton Boathouse, please report to your Team Leader when you arrive. If, later, you need help, please contact him or her first.
Apart from looking after the competitors in the short race, this launch is usually parked at the midcourse bridge.
Equipment needed in bag 22
|Kit requirements in bag 22|
|Filled Clipboard||1||Clipboard and clips|
|Radio pack||2||Radio||Use Chan 1|
Phone and Radio Please make sure that your mobile phone is fully charged, switched on and ready to receive calls. Check that its number is recorded accurately on the list. Put into memory, so that you can dial numbers quickly if necessary, the following numbers, which are available on the current phone list:
- Safety Adviser
- Make sure that your radio is firmly secure in its holder.
- One radio network now covers the whole course. Use channel 1. There are one or two bad reception areas and some messages may have to be passed on.
- NEW ADVICE:To facilitate urgent and emergency messages, leave a gap of two or three seconds between transmissions.
- Listen - Make sure that there is no-one else transmitting before you start
- Try not to use personal names when using the radio, e.g. ask for the
Starter rather than Fred Bloggs, start with: -
Hello (their position) this is (your position). Then carry on with your message. If you require a response say Over. (I require a reply) at the end of your message. If you don't require a response say the word Out. (I do not require a reply)
- When responding to a call, answer:- (your position) Then give your response
- Say Roger.... If you have received the message and understood it. If you did not catch all of the message, simply respond .... Say again
- Remember, think about what you are going to say before you speak into the radio and keep it brief! Safety messages are the most important. If there is an incident happening, then do not use the radio until the problem has been resolved.
please liaise with the person who is taking over from you when you finish your duty, and hand on equipment. At the end of the day, please bring all equipment back to the Monkton Boathouse.
Please feel free to suggest improvements to these notes.
Thank you for your help.